5 Romea Street, THE GAP QLD 4061Offers over $1.1M
Best value large family home you'll find today
House - THE GAP QLD
The inviting, pastel blue exterior of 5 Romea Street speaks of much creative enchantment within, and it does not disappoint. Rarely does a home offer such an escape; providing multi-layered living in a natural setting more in keeping with the rainforest idyll of the hinterland, than the bustling cosmopolitan suburbia of The Gap.
* Five generous bedrooms (one of them secret!) with fans and great storage options, offering cosiness in the winter.
* Two massive, North East facing decks where you’ll find these become extensions of the living areas.
* Two full bathrooms, one on each level for convenience.
* Two living areas including an open media/dining room.
* Enormous landscaped ‘natural ‘garden where you’ll instantly feel in the rainforest.
* Huge under house storage and additional scope to add extra value.
Once inside – on the first level – the magic becomes very real. The dreamy lounge, with its pot-bellied stove and ironbark flooring immediately provides a snug, homely feel. And then there’s the secret room. I could give the secret up but, to quote P.T. Barnum, that is worth the price of admission alone!
A great sized bedroom with robe space is more obvious, as is the chequered flooring of the immaculate bathroom and neighbouring laundry room, with separate toilet. The second lounge, or dining, or media room offers yet more excellent space for the family to spread out, and there’s direct access to the first of two impressive decks.
Raised eight years ago, there is now nowhere in this house that isn’t usable and practical. The first deck is a wonder and the epicentre for the entertainer, and if this was the extent of this home, then you would not be disappointed. But then we head downstairs, and the native garden, perfectly landscaped to appear ordered and functional, whilst still wild and thrilling is truly amazing. Plenty of under house storage, and again, this could have well been enough.
Yet there’s more! Back upstairs and onto the second tier, there is an equally – if not even more – impressive deck. The extra elevation reveals more of the natural surrounds, and direct access to the country style kitchen makes this a location hard to pull yourself away from. There’s a family bathroom with shower, bath and vanity. Another extra special lounge with plantation blinds, two more bedrooms and a small ‘nook’ deck with views of Mt Coot-tha, make the choice of level to inhabit all the more challenging. And then there’s the fairy bedroom. Yes, that’s correct. The fairy bedroom, in direct competition with the secret bedroom downstairs, augments the fascinating embrace of this remarkable home.
The owners have loved these great features:
* Regularly serviced solar panels.
* Slow combustion wood heater warms the whole house in winter.
* The home has been built as solid as a tank, and it feels like you’re perched in the trees, like a bird!
* There is three metres from the ground to the first deck, allowing enough room to build under again.
* Five different spaces throughout the home.
* Christmas on the veranda is one of the most spectacular events yearly.
* Easy car access to the backyard has been very helpful.
* Native garden attracts the birds, with regular visitors including King Parrots, Rainbow Lorikeets, even a family of Tawny Frogmouths.
There are so many highlights here, but those decks are extra special. Living in the treetops you are truly hidden away amongst the birds, and yet The Gap Shopping Village and all of the conveniences of that, transport, parks and local amenities are right at your doorstep. This is truly a spectacular family delight and one that the current owners of 15 years will be sad to leave as they look to downsize. To capture your own piece of the magic, drop us a line today.
DISCLAIMER: This property may be sold without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. In preparing this information, we have used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained therein is true and accurate, and accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Prospective purchasers should make their own inquiries to verify the information contained herein. All information contained by Brisbane Inner West Realty is provided as a convenience to clients.
- 5 bed
- 2 bath
- Land is 961 m²
- 2 Toilet
- 2 Open Parking Spaces
- Built In Robes
- Outdoor Entertaining