85 Barkala Street, THE GAP QLD 4061Price Guide Available
Mid-Century vibe meets hillside living among the treetops
House - THE GAP QLD
This stunning architect-designed home offers the perfect balance of character, location and serenity. Set on a north-facing hillside of one of The Gap’s leafier cul de-sacs, 85 Barkala Street is a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in nature, while still having handy access to the city, schools and all the shops, bars and restaurants of The Gap and Ashgrove.
Located within the Ashgrove side of The Gap, and near forests of native bushland, this is a nature lover’s paradise. The expansive 825sqm sloping block features several levels for entertaining, relaxing and gardening – there’s even room for a large veggie patch and chicken coop on one level.
The thoughtfully designed home and landscaped gardens highlight the block’s elevated hillside outlook with glimpses through the treetops to the Taylor Range bushland. While the spectacular natural setting is a wonderful feature, the home’s sophisticated mid-century design and beautifully maintained interior will fill you with awe and delight.
Step inside via the mezzanine level entry and you’ll be awestruck by the beautiful polished hardwood floors, classic high sloping ceiling and spacious open plan living and dining area. Large glass sliding doors connect these areas to a massive deck with stunning bushland views – you really do feel like you’re relaxing in the treetops! Sunset drinks and barbeques will never be the same! The large kitchen has plenty of storage, stainless steel appliances and, of course, those beautiful treetop views.
Upstairs, you’ll find the sleeping quarters. Two huge teenager’s bedrooms offer built-in robes, space for a queen size bed, room for a study desk, as well as French doors to a massive undercover courtyard. The master suite features beautiful morning sun daily with its North Easterly aspect, built-in robe and a new sophisticated ensuite.
The spacious lower level offers endless possibilities (please note: under 2.4m in height). Currently, a huge rumpus/kids’ zone and adjoining home office, this handy area has also been used as a contained living space for visiting family requiring a 4th bedroom. Otherwise, an enormous home office with its own entry, adjoining outdoor entertaining area and those amazing views awaits!
• Three generous sized bedrooms, all with built-in storage and leafy, private views.
• Two bathrooms, with a luxurious ensuite recently renovated and stone benchtops.
• Two large living options, spaced over the lower and middle level. Both of these areas have adjoining outdoor entertaining areas sitting in the treetops and glimpses to the Taylor Range bushland.
• Integrated kitchen with gas cooktop and a stone benchtop.
• Two car garage including room for storage in the roof.
• Five new air conditioning units and fans throughout.
• Quality finishes reminiscent of the era, including hardwood timber flooring, soaring ceilings and terracotta tile roof.
• Architecturally designed and originally built around 1971, with extensive modern upgrades since.
• Storage upon storage on each level, including a middle under-house area situated next to the laundry – ideal for your own wine cellar!
• Freshly painted inside and areas of outside, bringing the home to a modern era.
• Extensive yard with plenty of room and privacy to enjoy garden therapy. The entire block has taken on significant landscaping improvements to make maintenance easier and to provide enjoyable use of every space.
• 825sqm hillside allotment, with walking distance to the best bushwalking Southeast QLD has to offer.
On top of these incredible list of features, you’ll have close access to some of the BEST schooling on offer including Ashgrove State School, Marist College Ashgrove, Mt St Michaels and The Gap State High. If you haven’t discovered what is so amazing about this beautiful pocket of Brisbane, we would love to show you more!
DISCLAIMER: This property may be sold without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. In preparing this information, we have used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained therein is true and accurate, and accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Prospective purchasers should make their own inquiries to verify the information contained herein. All information contained by Brisbane Inner West Realty is provided as a convenience to clients.
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 825 m²
- Floor Area is 319 m²
- 2 Toilet
- 2 Garage
- Remote Garage
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes
- Rumpus Room
- Outdoor Entertaining